The Solar Physics group research interests are:
- The Solar Photosphere and Magnetic Field
- Space Weather and Space Climate
- observations and algorithms for flare forecasting
- research on magnetic reconnection as trigger of flares and CMEs
- algorithms for the detection of CME onset and time of arrival at 1AU
- Solar UV variability and its impact on the stratospheric Ozone
- Spectroscopic imaging and Instrumentation for Astrophysics
- design and testing of imaging spectroscopy devices
- implementation and testing of novel approaches for Adaptive Optics
- long-time expertise on data calibration pipelines.
Find out more HERE!